This area covers the repair, servicing and diagnostic of Auto Electrical systems. Skills you will learn include:
- Carry out the basic tasks with tools and equipment common to all procedures involving basic and electrical procedures related to Auto Electrical
- Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and efficient workshop and adhere to company and legislative processes
- Carry out fundamental tasks associated with removal & replacement procedures on a vehicle
- Identify causes of common faults associated with two stage removal & replacement and recommend suitable further action
- Complete a wide range of repairs that involve complex procedures, or in depth knowledge
- Use diagnostic, mechanical and electrical measuring equipment to carry out tests on components based on information available and make recommendations based on information found.
- Apply advanced diagnostic principles and logical problem-solving techniques, supported by diagnostic tools and testing regimes, to establish electrical, mechanical and electrical faults
- Interpret a wide range of diagnostic information and confirm system serviceability using suitable test instruments
Length of Training
The course will be undertaken over 3 years.
This level 3 course will be assessed and calculated on a weighted score from the following elements
- Log book and Behaviour assessment
- On-Programme knowledge tests at Gateway 2
- Synoptic Knowledge End test
- Synoptic Skills end test
Aptitude Test Interview School Report Record of Achievement
Hold a “C” Grade, new Grade 4, (level 2 Functional Skills), or be able to achieve these grades in Maths & English
To guarantee a placement on KITS Apprenticeship scheme, an offer of employment from a suitable Employer is required.