To provide basic training for Crane Drivers and
Slingers in compliance with the Health and Safety
at Work Act 1974 requirements and Lifting Operations
and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
On completion of training participants will be able
1. Recognise and describe a range of ropes and slings,
their ratings and application.
2. Identify unsafe condition in ropes slings and
3. Understand legal requirements in relation to
slinging and lifting.
4. Demonstrate a basic understanding of LOLER 98
5. Use operators safety code effectively.
6. Demonstrate ability to sling and lift a range
of loads to acceptable standards.
of ropes and slings
for different loads
exercises - lifting and slinging
The Course is conducted on company premises to company