KITS TRAINING CENTRE
DURATION 4 days
To meet the Institute of Occupational Safety and
Health requirements for those managers and supervisors
who manage safety and seek the Certificate in Managing
On completion of the course delegates will be able
1. Understand and refer to all current safety legislation
as it applies within their working environment and
personal roles and responsibilities.
2. Define a range of workplace hazards as they may
arise in their respective work areas.
3. Monitor compliance with safety legislation, recognise
hazards/unsafe practices and implement action through
effective application of a formal audit regime.
4. Investigate and record accidents, incidents/occurrences
and report accurately.
5. Assess risk through the implementation of a
formal risk identification and rating system and
6. Manage risk effectively in their areas of responsibility
through implementation of a formal safety management
7. Demonstrate a positive influence on employee
attitudes to safe working.
Management: Safety management systems and role
of risk assessment
Reactive Monitoring: Investigation, recording and
reporting of accidents, incidents, analysis of
Assessment and Control: Hazard identification,
inventory, risk rating and recording, reviewing
Hazards: Fire, electrical, noise, vehicles, client
and Safety Legislation: Identifying relevant legislation
with guidance on compliance.
monitoring: Monitoring checklists, schedules,
and Audit: Safety management systems, implementing
Delegates will be assessed through completion of
a multiple choice questionnaire and a work based