KITS TRAINING CENTRE
DURATION 1 DAY
To satisfy the training and competence requirements
of those mounting and using grinding wheels in relation
to the legal obligations placed on employers and
employees under the PUWER 1998.
On completion of the course, participants will be
1. Understand the legal implications of working
with grinding equipment.
2. Describe the main causes and effects of accidents
with this equipment
3. Describe correctly the main characteristics of
grinding wheels from information given by the manufacturer.
4. Recognise correctly unsatisfactory wheel condition,
machine condition and related tooling condition.
5. Understand requirements in relation to wheel guarding.
6. Mount grinding wheels correctly.
7. True and dress grinding wheels demonstrating recognition
of requirements and correct technique.
8. Balance grinding wheels correctly.
9. Understand the correct techniques for handling
and storing grinding wheels