DURATION ½ DAY
On completion of this course participants will be
1. Appreciate the legislation associated with Fire
Risk including reference to
a) Regulatory reform (Fire Safety) order 2005
b) Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
2. Understand the theory of fire in relation to
fire prevention and protection.
3. Describe the different classifications
4. Appreciate how fire spreads and recognise
conditions that facilitate the spread of
5. Understand fire fighting principles and
6. Recognise materials and sources of ignition
that could contribute to a fire incident
7. Establish the effectiveness of a company
8. Recognise the need for and types of
signage required in relation to fire
9. Carry out a Fire Risk Assessment
and identify control measures required.
• Introduction – Welcome.
Course Arrangements. Course Programme.
• Background – Regulatory
reform (Fire Safety) order 2005. MHSWR requirements
for risk assessment.
principles – Review of fire classification,
fire spread, fire fighting
Risk Assessment – materials, ignition
sources, fire spread, alarms and evacuation,
detection, equipment suitability, signage.
in Fire Risk Assessment