KITS TRAINING CENTRE
The course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge
and skill needed to reach the required level of competence
in basic Milling to EAL Standards.
On completion of the course delegates will have:
1. The knowledge to work safely and effectively
on a Milling machine.
2. Recognise and use the different types of Milling
3. Mount the various types of cutters correctly.
4. The ability to Mill flat and square and produce
the correct finish required.
5. The ability to machine slots to the required
6. The ability to read measuring equipment correctly.
7. The ability to select the correct speeds and
The course programme covers aspects of the following
of the correct machine for the job.
up vice using dial test indicator.
workholding methods, mounting work and work holding
in mounting and positioning workpiece to cutter.
in machining workpieces on vertical Milling machines.
• Correctly de-burring a machined workpiece