KITS TRAINING CENTRE
course aims to provide Delegates with the skills
required to operate a Centre lathe, mount tools,
workholding devices, and turn components having parallel,
stepped, tapered, knurled & threaded, diameters,
drilled, reamed, bored and threaded holes.
On completion of the Course Delegates will have:
1. Applied safe working practices.
2. Selected a machine tool appropriate to the operation
to be carried out, and safely operate the machine
3. Mounted chucks and set and secured workpieces.
4. Set-up and mounted workpieces between centres.
5. Selected and mounted cutting tools drills and
6. Selected and set speeds and feeds.
7. Cut threads using machine taps and split button
8. Produced components having parallel, stepped,
tapered and knurled diameters, drilled, reamed and