Incorporating City & Guilds 2377-32: Management Requirements for the Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
COURSE NUMBER: 108-2
VENUE: KITS TRAINING CENTRE
DURATION: 2 Days
The aim of the course is to provide delegates with knowledge and ability
to categorise appliances and to operate test equipment correctly and safely.
The course is aimed towards operatives with an understanding of electrical
principles, who have a basic requirement to inspect and test portable tools
and appliances to meet the requirements of safety legislation.
The course includes a 1hr 45min (50 Question) for 2377-22 and a 1hr 20mins
(40 Question) for 2377-32. Both exams are externally set by City and Guilds
and are taken on-line – they are open book and multiple choice.
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
• Understand the need for portable appliance inspection and testing.
• Manage the results and records of inspection and testing.
• Identify the training requirements for users of equipment and managers.
• Correctly carry out the inspection and testing of appliances.
• Monitor and record the results of inspections and tests to ensure safety.
• Management requirements for the maintenance of electrical equipment.
• Appliance construction and identification.
• Visual inspection.
• Formal visual inspection.
• Electrical testing.
• Interpretation of results and recording.
Delegates must have the following documents:
IEE Codes of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (ISBN 0-85296-776-4)
Delegates are required to make themselves familiar with Sections 1 &
2 prior to attending the course
City & Guilds Leaflet