COURSE NUMBER: 108-1
VENUE: KITS TRAINING CENTRE
DURATION: 2 Days
The aim of the course is to provide delegates with knowledge and ability to
categorise appliances and to operate test equipment correctly and safely.
The course is aimed towards operatives with an understanding of electrical
principles, who have a basic requirement to inspect and test portable tools
and appliances to meet the requirements of safety legislation.
The course includes a 1hr 45min (50 Question Open Book) City and Guilds
on-line multiple choice examination for the candidate.
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
• Understand the need for portable appliance inspection and testing.
• Correctly carry out the inspection and testing of appliances.
• Monitor and record the results of inspections and tests to ensure safety.
• Appliance construction and identification.
• Visual inspection.
• Formal visual inspection.
• Electrical testing.
• Interpretation of results and recording.
Delegates must have the following documents:
IEE Codes of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (ISBN 0-85296-776-4)
Delegates are required to make themselves familiar with Sections 1 &
2 prior to attending the course
Please note that for an additional registration fee, candidates can also achieve
C&G 2377-32 – Management Requirements for the Maintenance of Electrical
Equipment during this 2-day course – please see course number 108-2
City & Guilds Leaflet