KITS TRAINING CENTRE
DURATION: 4 Days
The course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge
and skills needed to reach the required level of
competence in basic electrical principles. Emphasis
is placed on the requirement to work safely on dead
circuits at all times. Use of test instruments to
determine equipment faults is covered. The course
is aimed towards industrial electrical maintenance
and fault rectification.
On completion of the course delegates will have:
knowledge to work safely on electrical equipment.
• Lock off, tag and prove dead.
• Recognise and use different types of components.
• Understand the basic principles of electricity and
functioning of components
• Read and work from circuit diagrams.
• Use measuring and test equipment.
safety - safe isolation.
Principles of electricity - Ohm’s Law and networks.
• Heating effect, magnetic effects.
• Protective devices.
• AC (single and 3 phase).
• Practical use of multimeter and insulation resistance
• Principle of relay and transformer.
• Practical circuit construction.
• Basic motor control systems and equipment.
• Basic motor construction and operation.
A certificate of attendance for the delegate will
be awarded on completion of this course.