KITS TRAINING CENTRE
DURATION: 4 Days including City & Guilds
To familiarise those who have a sound working knowledge
of electrical installations with the requirements
of BS 7671 IEE 17th Edition requirements for electrical
is an up-grade course for electricians who need
an understanding of the latest requirements
of the regulations.
Included in the course fee is a two hour City
and Guilds 2381external multiple choice examination
for the candidate.
On completion of the course, the delegates will
be conversant with the layout of BS 7671 and its
7 parts and appendices. He/She will be able to size
cables, conduits, trunking, and earth bonding conductors
and have knowledge of the special requirements of
part 6 (Special Locations).
to BS 7671 including numbering system.
• Layout of parts and appendices.
• Bonding arrangements.
• Protection against direct and indirect contact.
• Earth loop impedance and disconnection times.
• Diversity and cable calculations.
Introduction to the ‘On Site Guide’.
• Special locations.
• Testing and inspection.
• Scope, fundamental requirements for safety, definitions
and assessment of general characteristics.
Delegates must have the following documents:
1. Requirements for electrical installations 17th Edition BS 7671 including amendments no 1 - 3. (ISBN 978-1849197694)
2. IEE On Site Guide to BS 7671 including amendments no 1 - 3. (ISBN 978-1849198875)
City & Guilds Leaflet